Health And Safety Training | Immediate Management Of Anaphylaxis
Title: Immediate Management Of Anaphylaxis
Course Code: SSH43 | Duration: 1 Day

An Anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen such as food substances or insect stings. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death. This training is for qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders to enable them to recognise and treat anaphylaxis safely and effectively.

When administering a medication, it is important to recognise and differentiate between allergic reactions and the potentially life-threatening anaphylactic reactions immediately. It is also essential to determine whether the individual has had an allergic or anaphylactic response to the medication in the past or prior to administration.

Who Should Attend Immediate Management Of Anaphylaxis Training?

This course is suitable for all First Aiders and healthcare professionals, as well as those in a high risk environment where such medication is available.

Benefits From Attending The Training

You'll be able to describe anaphylaxis
You'll be able to identify triggers for anaphylaxis

Course Content

Life threatening problems associated with the:
Airway
Breathing
Circulation
Disability (Neurological status)
Exposure (Skin and mucosal changes)
The need for an early call for help

Treatment for anaphylaxis:
Non re-breather mask
Removal of trigger
Auto-injector
Key features of adrenaline-auto injectors
Conduct an initial assessment using the ABCDE approach
Recovery position
Resuscitation for adult and/or child
Recognise the need to use an auto-injector
Demonstrating the safe use of an adrenaline auto-injector using a training device
Safely disposing of sharps according to agreed ways of working
Handing over the casualty to a medical professional